July 28, 2015

The Smile Fixer

Dr. Hollis 

I felt a strong need to write this note of thanks to you and your staff. I recently found myself sitting at my laptop holding my front tooth in the palm of my hand. A home plumbing repair and a hissy fit gone bad were the cause of its original demise in the 90's. My then-favorite-dentist, Dr. Bauman came to my rescue and sculptured a "temp" that lasted over 20 years. Jump ahead to 2015 and I again look like I just finished a Blackhawks-Bruin's Game 7.  

I look at the tooth in my hand and say to myself, "gosh darn it" or something to that effect. What am I going to do now? 

Who you gonna call?

Dr. Hollis, that's who.

That's what he does. At least that's what his webpage says. 

Boy, does he. 

I knew the minute you handed me a mirror and showed me the result of the two hour rescue you and Brea performed on my smile that I would be writing this letter. It was a given. 

It was two hours of squirming and head nodding. 

Discomfort yes. 

Pain? 

Not a hint. 

Amazement at the result? 

Damn straight! 

When you finished and flashed that Men's Warehouse, "You're going to like the way you look," smirk I was skeptical. When I saw your smile-repair in that mirror I knew you were both in the right profession and I'm grateful. 

Granted, I don't possess a set of piano keys but they're mine. I've been in the milk business for 30 years; I get up at 4am every morning; I've sipped a lot of coffee. 

What pleases the eye more, a worn and weathered hay barn or a shiny new galvanized one? 

The point of this letter is simple. 

It's a thank-you/confirmation letter. 

You and your entire staff picked the right jobs. 

I'm proof of it.

I hope your smiles reading this are as genuine as mine was writing it. 

Sincerely, 

"Smiling" John Greenwood





2 comments:

  1. When you find someone who really does their job well, hold on to them. I think it's great that you gave them this public recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like to hear about good work. This dentist sounds wonderful. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete