June 22, 2013

Essence Of Saratoga

Essence Of Saratoga 
By John R. Greenwood

The song is Pretty World By Sam Baker

After spending a weeks vacation working around the house I awoke at 5am with a creative thirst that needed quenching. I grabbed my camera and car keys and headed down to Broadway in Saratoga Springs, NY. There is never a lack of something to photograph in Saratoga. It was a quiet Saturday morning and the streets were empty. I love the hours of 5-7am. There is something about the combination of light, sound, and smell that make early morning different than any other time of day. I was looking for color and life without people this morning. That seemed to be the theme. Life via color and composition. Views from within the heart and eyes. Love of life from your surroundings is essential for true happiness. It's how we digest our life that provides true nourishment. If you slice through it without slowing to savor the aroma of fresh dirt or sizzling bacon you are doomed to a life of yesterdays. Life is now regardless of your age. Children don't think, they just play in the moment. If we over think our daily bread we miss out on life's basic principles. This morning was zero thinking. It was all about opening my arms and eyes wide and embracing anything that passed through the viewfinder. I hope you enjoy this slideshow of photographs as much as I enjoyed taking them. They were a gift I accepted with gratitude. Thank you Saratoga, you look great! 



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this beautiful and thoughtful tour of my Saratoga neighborhood in the quiet morning light. Love the song,too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the fall rolls on it was nice to be reminded of the beautiful summer and the track's 150th anniversary. Love living in Saratoga. Love the song, too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this was a beautiful meander with you, my friend. What a lovely place your hometown is. Glorious photos! Great song. Pretty world.

    ReplyDelete